Photo credit: Leslie the Pony Lion and Amy. Photo © Sara Muskulus
Board of Directors
As with any nonprofit oversight body, the function of the Board is to set policy and direction for the organization which are consistent with federal, state, and local laws, and to see that these policies are implemented and that all legal responsibilities are met.
All actions taken by the Board should align with FirePony Creative Society’s Vision and Mission Statement:
Attract, inspire, and nurture a diverse community to celebrate and encourage experiments in the creation of art, a culture of play, and the collective sharing of ideas and skills.
We build an interactive, experiential, sustainable environment that encourages a culture of play, artistic creativity and freedom of expression.
Documentation and Transparency
All official Board documents, including Annual Reports, Incorporation Filings and Bylaws and be found here.
Meeting minutes, and Retreat reports can be found here.
The FirePony Creative Society Board of Directors:
(as of August 4, 2018)
- Patty “DirtyGirl” Simonton – President
Final term ends May, 2019
- Usrula Sadiq – Treasurer
First term ends June, 2020
- Bryan Boru Straub
First Term ends June, 2020
- David “Karnak” Dugard
First Term ends June, 2020
- Greg “Gandhi” Goodman
First Term ends July, 2019
- Millie McMillan
First Term end June, 2020
Contact the Board: board (at) firepony dot org
- Kate “Monster” Bell
- Ben Sarsgard
- Damian Masterson
- Dave Diller
- Ed “Lizard” Rosen
BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
FirePony Creative Society board members, like all of our event coordinators, producers, and artists, are volunteers.
Board members are expected to be actively engaged in the day-to-day activities of the organization year round. Board members are not directly responsible for planning FPCS events, Playa del Fuego and Constellation, though board members will frequently take on leadership roles for each of these events. Nevertheless, due to their fiduciary duty to the organization, board members will step in when necessary, or when the sustainability of the organization or safety of the participants may be impacted.
Serving on the FPCS Board of Directors is both a serious responsibility and a unique opportunity for personal and professional development. And believe it or not, it can be a lot of fun!
We expect that all board members will:
- Be familiar with board meeting minutes, organization bylaws, and annual reports prior to joining the team.
- Board documents, including Annual Reports, Incorporation Filings and Bylaws and be found here.
- Meeting minutes, and Retreat reports can be found here.
- Sign an annual contract agreeing to duties and expectations
- Agree to have your full real name listed on the FirePony Creative Society website.
- Dedicate a minimum of 12 – 24 hours per month to board and FPCS activities
- Commit to a 3 year term. Can be renewed for a maximum of a 6 year term.
- Prepare for and attend monthly board conference calls.
- Prepare for and attend PDF Planning Committee calls (at least one BOD member per PC call)
- Prepare for and attend Constellation Planning calls (at least one BOD member per call)
- Cast votes on important FPCS organization and governance matters as necessary.
- Attend the annual board retreat
- Read and participate in all board communications in a timely manner
- Within 24 hours unless on vacation
- Use online tools and resources to communicate, manage tasks, and stay current on goings on between meetings.
- Serve on a minimum of two sub-committees
- Work on additional projects outside of meetings
- Be active in strategic planning for short and long term goals.
- Participate in interviews for all board member nominees
- Serve as an ambassador for FirePony Creative Society in your local communities.